Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Life, the Universe, and Anything

Wow... here I am, my very own blog.... um, hi! I've been convinced by my good friend Steve that I apparently have just as much interesting and blog-worthy observations on life, the universe and everything as he does, and that I should create my own little niche in the wonderful world of Blogging. Being a big fan of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series (and just having watched the movie on DVD) I wanted to create something in the same style as the 'Guide' entries, but failing to come up with a clever name for the blog using the words 'hitchhikers', 'guide' and/or 'galaxy' along with any or all parts of my name, I decided to fall back on the second most popular book of omnipotent knowledge in the 'Guide' universe, the Encyclopedia Galactica, hence changing it to the Encyclopedia Giachettica, an obvious play on my name... well, obvious to those that actually know my name is Giachetti, otherwise it has probably gone right over your head.

Anyway, I thought it was clever.

I also though it was clever to use name the web address "Paulanoma", as this is a reference to a photo that was taken at the above-mentioned friends house of Rich, whereas I stuck my head out from behind him as the photo was taken. The image was passed around and naturally laughed at, as it looked like my head was growing out of Rich's neck. Hence it was known as the Paulanoma picture, and not being able to think of anything else to call the blog address, this seemed as good a name as any.

So, here we are. A place that admittedly may get pretty scary, or at the very least somewhat confusing. As the description states, it's a place for me to dump my fragments of thoughts, whether funny, spiritual, or just plain bitching about something. Feel free to chime in at any point. I'm not a writer by any means, but I hope you glean at least a little entertainment from these entries.

2 comments:

Steve said...

[[[[[[[ I'm not a writer by any means, but I hope you glean at least a little entertainment from these entries. ]]]]]]]

Maybe you're not a writer, but you definitely score points for using the word "glean." Good job!

Congrats on your new blog! I will be checking in frequently. And I put a link from my blog to yours. So... Maybe between the two of us, we can get a few readers besides each other! :) I know Kim is very psyched on my blog, so I will send her your way.

Hey, who's Holly? You're already developing a blog following. Right on!

Paul G. said...

[[Hey, who's Holly?]]
Some hot babe that was apparently looking for a Hitchhiker's Guide blog, and accidentally found mine. But don't tell her I said that... good thing these blog thingamjigs are private and secure, huh? So how's that rash doing?